Saturday, January 26, 2008

Tanking the Labs

Well, finally did get the Shadow Labyrinth run under Eld's belt... Now, since he is a prot warrior, I had to tank the instance... Not a problem... Yeah, right...

Well, we wiped, a few times... Quite a few times were due to my fault... We really had a lot of problems with the big room before Blackheart the Inciter when I was doing the pull and trying to handle multi-mobs and Grandmaster Vorpil while I mastered the kiting. I've only done these as a DPS and well, it takes a bit more effort than it looks... But quite amazingly, we managed to one-shot Murmur... I'll attribute that to the great healing rather than my tanking... None of the tanking stuff dropped, but at least the quest reward ain't too shabby...

What I really had a problem with was tanking of multiple mobs... I need to be able to switch targets faster and apply Devastate & the various aggro gaining moves to increase aggro. By the end of the run, think it was better but still needs lots of work... Always room for more improvement, I guess...

Another thing I had problem with was mobs that Fear. I really should look at what stance-dancing/berserker rage should be done. Fear Ward helps but I won't always have a Priest.

No comments: