Friday, January 04, 2008

Hello, Unwashed Masses?

I've made attempts at leveling ally characters before but somehow, I've never gotten them past level 20.

However, I've recently wanted to try out some of the other classes a bit more (I think I've tried every class to at least lvl 20 but never really followed through on them... :p) and since having to delete mules on Shadowsong is a pain, these other toons will need to be on another server. So, I thought it might be an idea to roll them as Alliance.

Following on from trying to keep unique race/class combos, I've got the 5 ally races to match to the Mage, Rogue, Shaman & Priest class.

Of the four, the Shaman has to be rolled on a Draenei, so that's settled. For the rest, the Priest class is the one affected the most by race, so I thought to settle that next.

The Night Elf Level 10 spell is fairly pointless. I intend to go Shadow, so it's not like I have a lack of DPS spells. On the other hand, Humans and Dwarves get Desperate Prayer which will have it's uses in clutch situations.

The Night Elf Level 20 spell (Elune's Grace) is a bit more useful, reducing chance to hit by melee and range by 20% for 15 sec. The Human (Feedback) and Dwarf (Chastise) spells are both situational in nature, with Feedback only useful against casters and Chastise useful against Humanoids. I think in both PvE and PvP, Feedback will have limited usage, although it might shine in Arena. However, having a stun spell in Chastise will probably be more useful, espacially since all PvPers are Humanoids and in PvE, Humanoids are the ones that usually run... So, for priest, Dwarf will be the race of choice.

Now, since I definitely want a Night Elf character, that means she will have to be the Rogue, since they can't be Mages. The increase to dodge and stealth racials also provide some synergy.

Finally, for Mage, it's between Humans and Gnomes. Gnomes bring with them Escape Artist, but Mages have Blink to achieve that, although the 5% Int buff is nice. Humans don't bring much racial synergy to the Mage class as well but at least there's Diplomacy... :p

So, final call is as follows:
Draenei Shaman
Human Mage
Night Elf Rogue
Dwarf Priest

Last thing is to find them a home. I'm tempted to go with Drenden, home to BigRedKitty since it sounds like a nice place to plant the flag. I'll need to check on the population size (and presence of login queues) but if that's ok, then time to roll and choose the pretty faces.

3 comments:

megan said...

Come roll Bloodhoof and twink out at 59. :P

Sellia said...

Welcome to my blogroll ! :)

Marthrak said...

@megan: :)

@sellia: Thanks... Guess we both suffer from the same 'altoholics'...