Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Blog Azeroth - Shared Topic

Just got involved with Blog Azeroth, which is a forum collecting people who blog about WoW. A community effort that is being put together is for everyone to blog about a shared topic, which this week is "What do you enjoy about the class you play the most?". This may not be too apparent, but the class in question here is the Warlock.

In actual fact, I hated the warlock. I was leveling a lock and a shaman together when I first started and somehow, me and lock never clicked. I got frustrated at pulling aggro from bluey, having troubles with more than one mobs which my shaman could solo with ease. I had a cookie-cutter SM/Ruin spec so I figured the class was just wrong.

Then one day, I finally found out what drain tanking combined with fear bombing was (I think it was in some forum post) and it finally all clicked together. Suddenly, my lock was doing things he really had no business doing. And it was fun!

In the end, I guess that's what I enjoy about the lock. As long as you were creative about it, there are very few quests or elite mobs that cannot be solo'ed, even at the appropriate level and especially when demons are involved. :)

No comments: