Friday, December 28, 2007

No Cheese with this Whine...

Last night was one of the rare nights when I was able to be online rather early and I was hoping we could get a 5-man going. Unfortunately, the little princess woke up after awhile but after a LOT of coaxing, she was back in dreamland. Tried to get the 5-man going again, but the two of them were happily in their own world with their stealth runs...

Fine...

By the time they were ready, it was quite late, so I thought we could do a regular instance run instead, since we were not constrained by the midnight reset thing (there was just over an hour and a half to go). If our group had the CC, DPS and the familiarity of the instance, we could conceivably run Heroic Mech or Slave Pens in the short time we had, but we didn't. Their answer? We had enough time to finish off a boss or two of their leftovers of Heroic Sethekk Halls...

Frankly, what's the point? For 1 badge? In that time, I could run AVs for almost 2k honour. If they refuse to run other Heroics with us in the short time that we have, and refuse to help gear the rest up, then what use is 1 badge?

I asked for help in a normal instance run for Eld or even normal Shattered Halls for Mart to complete his quest, but, no. They will only do Heroics. That's wonderful. When they needed help in grinding SL for rep, we go. Now they'll only do Heroics, and on their terms. So? I ended grinding more AV.

But now, I'm seriously considering what to do. If Bact had a decent connection and Naraa was around more consistently, it might be worthwhile to stick around since we can get the five-mans. Now? I can't even get groups to finish my group quest in SMV... So, I was seriously considering joining West instead. I mean, they have been the one who has helped me a lot for my group stuff; a heck of a lot more than those two. In fact, all my Badges of Justice are from runs with West. It seems like 'abandoning' the guild again but if I'm just doing solo stuff, might as well re-roll or server transfer...

So, I guess that's what I'll end up doing. Next time I see Panda or one of the other officers online, I'll ask about joining. Dunno if they would have me, since I still won't be able to make it to most of their raids... :p

No comments: