Friday, November 30, 2007

Prot Spec here I com...

OK, with the decision made, some adjustments will need to be made...

With Devastate requiring a 1-handed weapon, Lunar Crescent is of course out of the picture now. I've been toying with the idea of making The Planar Edge anyway for farming purposes (& to get that 1 Blacksmithing point) but the mats for that are something ridiculous... Granted, it's a really good one-handed weapon, but still...

I'll be re-channeling the gathered mats for Lunar Crescent into making the Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer, luckily, still have the Primal Nether in the bank. Will also need to make a start on the quest for the rewards that I need. I've starting grinding the PvP for the Honour needed for the shield.

For the rest of the gear, I think I'll need to identify some interim pieces for those that require drops. Sometimes, you just ain't lucky...

Shoulders:
Warchief's Mantle (Quest Reward: Return to Andormu, Caverns of Time)
Nexus-Guard's Pauldrons (Quest Reward: Success, Netherstorm)

Back:
Cloak of Eternity (Crafted - Tailoring)
Cloak of the Valiant Defender (Quest Reward: Ar'kelos the Guardian, Netherstorm)

Ring:
Protector's Mark of Redemption (Quest Reward: Dissension Among the Ranks, Shadowmoon Valley)
Ring of the Stonebark (Quest Reward: Exorcising the Trees, Blade's Edge Mountains)

Trinket:
Dabiri's Enigma (Quest Reward: Dimensius the All-Devouring, Netherstorm)

Rather than farm for the pattern, I'll probably buy the Felsteel Helm and Felsteel Gloves off the AH.

The final question is the timing of the respec. Staying as Arms makes the PvP easier, so I think I'll try to stay as Arms for as long as possible. However, when there are more calls for instance runs, then I'll respec.

No comments: