Thursday, October 11, 2007

Nerf Locks

Sometimes you don't need a smooth run to have fun...

We had a few wipes last night in SL, including a terrible feared mob pull the boss, and wiping to the 6 man trash clear. BUT, the fight with Murmur was memorable.

We had already wiped one time and it was getting late so it was the last attempt. Hunter died early so it was just Pally tanking, Drood was healing and me and mage were DPSing. At about 3-4%, the tank died... Oops... At the next Resonance, the druid & mage fell, 2%... I thought it's game over, since I had already popped my Healthstone and Health Pot. But was determined to go down fighting.

I was fortunate to be reasonably well-topped up with health but low on mana. So Life-tap, activated my trinket and proceeded to DOT & spam Shadowbolts. Another Resonance came in, was still standing (lock Stam ftw!) and Murmur was at 1%. A few more spam and just when I was about to tear my hair out in frustration for being so close, I realised no more black stuff was coming out of my hands and Murmur was no longer targetted... & a huge spear fell from the sky! Woot!

Of course, it was anti-climatic that my jumper cables failed and I spent like 5 minutes waiting for them to dodge respawns etc. to get enough back to summon the rest... But it was fun... :)

No comments: