Tuesday, January 23, 2007

First Impressions...

As with everyone else, I rolled my Blood Elf pally and ran around to see the 452342603461065 other BE pallys running around the starting area. It still wasn't so bad since some people haven't gotten their xpac yet or are too busy grinding the post-60 content. But, the 'queue' for quest mobs is just odd...

But, the most amazing thing was to be Horde and finally look nice, no, gorgeous. Even something as plain as Brown Linen Robe looked amazing. If only I had this option when I first started playing...

Finally, it's great that the BE racial compensated (at a certain extent) one of the worst part of playing a paladin, the lack of a pulling ability. Now, the mana burn ability means that I can pull anything that has a mana bar, rather than the body pull I had used as a human pally... Guess ally are all going to get upset now...

Of course, I had to send my lock through the Portal. After spending a ridiculous amount of time looking for the Tailoring trainer, I started exploring around. There's apparently some algo now that compensates for lots of toons in the same area by increasing the spawn rate of mobs. It made for some pretty hairy encounters as you see mobs respawning as fast as you can kill them! Some of the quest rewards are amazing, replacing some long standing blues with greens. Wonder how long this will last...

Well, there goes sleep...

No comments: